4.06.2005

five minutes

...til lunch.

i'm back at work, but as usual, i'm not quite in my routine yet. since last may, with only a couple of exceptions, i've been living from one big event to the next. it makes it way easier to put things off. i'll get better at seeing my friends after ultimate season ends; i'm way too busy now. i'll write this application essay after my trip; i'm way too busy now. i'll start working out after i move; i'm way too busy now. no. no more. i could live my life like this, never quite comfortable and always with a ready excuse to avoid this or that. but i'm tired of putting off the things that can make me really happy just 'cause they're slightly more inconvenient now than they might be next week, or the week after that, or the week after that.

so, the special this week is that i'm moving out of my east village shithole and into fancy shmancy new digs by central park north. what is that neighborhood called? i'll call it central park north until someone gives me a better idea. even though i have to move, i'm going to (a) run in central park today after work; (b) go to the women's practice on thursday; (c) convince stoops to hang out with me sometime soon (stoops! hang out with me sometime soon!); and (d) SKIP spring league on sunday. even with the best intentions, sometimes we still have to make sacrifices.

lunchtime! later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home