4.17.2005

i just ate soap.

it was sitting on my fingernail from my shower. gross.

today was my first day of spring league. we played two games and went 1-1 (with the help of some ringers--thanks erica!). i love the guys on my team. they are solid players and really FUN guys. we were almost playing savage, even with our ringers, and during our last game we were really tired and just not into it. but none of us felt like we had to win; we all recognized that we were exhausted and let the pressure go so we could have fun. and i had a great time. i'd been turned off from co-ed after my last summer league experience, and it was nice to remember that it can be really fun. i'm still not going to play WSL this year. between ambush and LSAT class, i won't have the time or the energy to play for another (probably) losing team.

i have a couple more touch-up things to do before i'll feel quite settled in my room. i have a plastic drawer-thing that i'm not using--anyone want it? otherwise i might throw it away. i also have to re-adjust to not having laundry in the building. apparently there's a laundromat en route to the 2/3 that will wash, dry, and fold for you. seems like a convenience worth paying for more often than not. i remember how my dad used to justify it when our washing machine broke and we had to use the laundromat: my time, per hour, is worth more than the cost of paying someone else to do it for me. however, i've never quite gotten over the weirdness of having someone else wash my undies. that just seems like an odd position to put someone in.

i love - LOVE - my new house. it actually feels like a house. althought it'll take some time before i'm fully comfortable living here, until i know what's in all the kitchen cabinets and when it's my turn to take out the trash, i'm totally confident that i made the right decision to move here. i cooked last night for the first time in ages, and had people over for the first time in at least seven months. it was wonderful. i hope i can do it a lot more now, especially with so many of my closer friends nearby.

yesterday i did my taxes. i can't mail them yet, but once i get this one form they're going out. and then, the irs is going to owe me some dough! as i said at starbucks: yay ipod! yay dvd player! yay savings account!

it was a good weekend. i needed it.

3 Comments:

Blogger free berde said...

and as i said at starbucks: it's like you're buying my friendship. yay dvd player is right. watch out, i might move in.

7:57 PM  
Blogger saisai said...

hey, moving in is fine with me. my king size bed can sleep two people without them touching each other... or we can get frisky if you want. i'll buy your friendship with sugar and spice and everything nice, but a DVD player is a close second.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Stoops said...

something ... something ... three-way ... ?

no one other than you, me, and mara understand that. but, then again, we're the only ones that need to.

it was nice seein ya on saturday.

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home